Cross-border project entitled:
“PROTECTING THE CIVIL RIGHTS OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES AND CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR THEM TO EXPLORE THE UNIQUE CULTURAL AND ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE OF LVIV AND PRZEMYŚL”.
The project was initiated and prepared by the Lviv Tourism Development Association (LART) in 2019.
The project was submitted to the EIS POLAND-BELARUS-UKRAINE CROSS-BORDER COOPERATION PROGRAM MANAGEMENT 2014-2020, represented by the MINISTRY OF FUNDS AND REGIONAL POLICY.
The project was positively assessed by independent experts and recommended for funding from the European Union funds.
Project beneficiary: Lviv Oblast Office (VOIVODESHIP), MUNICIPAL OFFICE in PRZEMYŚL.
Aim of the project: creating attractive tourist routes for people with disabilities and extending their opportunities to learn about the historical and cultural heritage of Lviv and Przemyśl.
Project implementation period: from June 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021 (extended until July 31, 2021)
Main partner of the project: LVIV TOURISM DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION.
Polish partner of the project: LOCAL TOURIST ORGANIZATION IN PRZEMYŚL.
The main activities of the project:
1. Adaptation of tourist routes in Lviv and Przemyśl to the needs of disabled people, by creating project cost estimates ensuring access to the most valuable monuments of these cities for disabled people.
– The route in Lviv will connect 8 historic architectural heritage sites of the Podzamcze district inscribed on the UNESCO list (churches from the 13th-17th centuries), which should be accessible to wheelchair users.
– The route in Przemyśl will include 5 historic buildings (Main Market Square, Carmelite Church, Franciscan Church, Greek Catholic Archcathedral, Latin Cathedral, Railway Station, passage from the car park on Rybi Square), the visiting of which should be accessible to people in wheelchairs
1.1. Installation of ramps to selected objects.
– one driveway will be installed to the Franciscan Church in Przemyśl.
– one driveway will be installed in front of the entrance to the church-museum of Bl. Klemensa Szeptycki (Lviv, ul. Krzywonosa 1).
2. Conducting an international training seminar for guides that will teach them to provide high-quality and safe services to people with disabilities while visiting cultural heritage sites.
3. Creation of specialized printed guides and websites for people with disabilities in Lviv and Przemyśl.
4. Creating a guide containing guides on working with people with disabilities.
5. Organization of an international conference encouraging travel agencies to plan routes in the vicinity of Lviv and Przemyśl, with particular emphasis on people with various disabilities.
6. Joint promotion of Lviv and Przemyśl as disabled-friendly cities.